self-modifying abstractions

pix pix at test.at
Tue Sep 25 12:26:42 CEST 2001

another self reply... sorry for making so much noise on the list while i
talk to myself. but anyhow, i worked out how to accomplish what i want
(which is a little hard to explain right now), but i realised that by
manually editing the name of an object in the .pd file to be (for example)
"\$1", then you can change the name of that object using a parameter to
the abstraction (as long as it has the same configuration of in's and
out's). with some craftily designed sub-abstractions you can use this to
reconfigure the abstraction at creation time.

pix.