[PD] super newbie question

nathan drdul telxoss at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 13 04:26:44 CEST 2001

I just installed PD for the first time,using mandrake
8.1, installed PD with pd-0.34-1.i386.rpm
The test tones all work fine, in the documentation I
can load up the first sinewave.pd and hear the tone
fine.
When i load up amplitude.pd I can't hear anything
unless I connect the osc straight into the output.
Then i hear the 440 sine....
Pretty much every other patch I have tried is silent.

any help would be great, never had much luck with PD
on win98, cant wait to hear what it can do.

thanks
nate