[PD] what is the right path to follow?

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Tue Oct 23 21:26:56 CEST 2001

HI all,

I'm just back from a series of trips and will try to respond to some of the
pile-up of undealt-with messages in the Pd list..

I'm struggling with the score-following issue as well.  Dannenberg's patent
expires in
a year, and at teh moment the easiest thing to do might be just to
wait.  While at IRCAM, before the Dannenberg patent came out but after his
paper, I worked out a fairly powerful score follower, using his ideas and
some of my own, which I'm eager to put in other peoples' hands now.

cheers
Miller