[PD] can't find mistake...

Christian Klippel ck at mamalala.de
Sun Nov 25 20:32:58 CET 2001

hi olaf,

sorry, im not that deep in pd, but because i have ported over some
max and pd objects to jmax, i can tell you from crashes similar to yours ....
for example, in the fftease object buffers/vectors also accessd like :

        for ( j = D; j > 0; j-- )
                *++out = output[j] * mult;

such things often crashed .... i replaced it with the "usual" way to access arrays .
when there was something "counting" in the wrong direction, i used a helper
variable, k .....

        k = 0;
        for ( j = D; j > 0; j-- ) {
                out[k] = output[j] * mult;
                k++;
        }

and voila, nothing crashed anymore ...... i banged my head to the wall finding
out whats happened (too few bytes malloc'd ?? some bad pointer math ??)
until i simply tried this way and it helped .... maybe it helps you as well,
at least i would give it a try. btw, this way you always have a simple variable
that shows you the actual position to read/write. so a simple post() will show
it to you, whereas you never can tell at which position *++out actually is ....
and simply reading one byte more where none is can crash seriously ....

hope it helps, tell me please ....

greets,

chris

--