[PD] .pdrc trouble (0.34-3 & 4)

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Tue Nov 27 17:30:26 CET 2001

Sure enough, it's all there...

I think it's wrong to handle .pdrc files as additional arguments, and
only rewrote the code to prevent setuid abuses that were possible with an
older (also buggy) version...  so anything done to the current setup is
temporary anyway.

But as Krzysztof notes, any parse error in the .pdrc file has bizzare and
bad results.  So I'll have to choose whether to patch it up again or to
figure out how to do it right (with A=B style declarations and a site file
and correct handling of whether to override or add to paths... )

cheers
Miller