[PD] pd & alsa 0.9.0b9

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Wed Nov 28 10:44:22 CET 2001

hi,

CK wrote:
> could well be a bug in libasound, I was just wondering if anyone else already
> messed around with that,

just recently I have attempted to use beta9 of alsa with Pd driving
a hammerfall card, but after little tweaking in s_linux.c gave up.
After all any fix will probably be obsolete with next alsa beta.

If there is someone brave enough (and not as braindead as myself)
willing to patch s_linux.c, I will be happy to help such a hero with
testing.

I have not kept log of my changes, but remember replacing start/xrun_mode()
with start/stop_threshold() to get rid of compilation time warning.
I mention this, because there is a bug in #if-ed out code for output
-- it uses input handles.

Btw. you do not _have_ to change #include path to asoundlib.h, since
the sys/ one simply #includes alsa/ one now.

Oss emulation works fine with Pd out of the beta9 box.

Krzysztof