[PD] [announce] mp3write~ available for linux

guenter geiger geiger at epy.co.at
Wed Dec 12 18:27:48 CET 2001

On Wed, 12 Dec 2001, Krzysztof Czaja wrote:
> it looks like you attempt to playback your object itself, instead
> of the buffer (x->x_mapaddr = &x->x_filebuffer;), but the real
> question is why to port sfread~ in the first place, if you need
> to read entire file into memory?
There is some truth in that, sfread is really a unix only external,
well both of them (sfread and sfwrite) came into existance when there
was no readsf and writesf. A great solution would be to extend readsf
in order to be pitchable (which is the only reason I can think of to
still use sfread, .. keep in mind that the speed is non interpolated,
which produces nice artifacts :), not sure if this feature should be
implemented too.

..

Guenter