[PD] Problem with Commercial OSS and PD

Joseph A. Sarlo jsarlo at mambo.peabody.jhu.edu
Fri Jan 11 03:54:42 CET 2002

I don't know if this issue is related, but I experienced identical
symptoms.  My problem turned out to be that PD makes two separate calls to
open(), once for read and once for write when opening the MIDI device. My
driver (serial midi) apparently didn't support this. I just hacked
s_linux.c to use one open with O_RDRW and everything has been fine.

--