[PD] problems compling GEM under redhat 7.2

marco marco4linux at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 11 23:02:29 CET 2002

I'm sorry I should have been a little more thorough.

Redhat futz'ed around with the include tree making this problem in a
bunch of applications ( I don't know anything about this issue except
that I have seen it in sevral compiles).

If you "man abs" it will tell you that this standard function is in
"stdlib.h"  so you can add "#include <stdlib.h>" to that file, perhaps
you need to add a "math.h" or a "stdio.h" eventually I don't remember.
This is a silly problem, but sort of easily fixed.

Gem will compile with these few mods, I've done it, don't give up.

Marco