[PD] line~ segments

Rodrigo F. Cadiz rcadiz at northwestern.edu
Sun Mar 3 19:30:11 CET 2002

Frank:

I am trying to test your segtest patch of lineseg~. Once I load the numbers (either with the middle or right message boxes) and press bang I am only getting the print
statements out (the numbers seems ok) but nothing from the line~ itself comes out. Looking into lineseg~ I wonder if you can just connect the output of a textfile to the
inlet of a line~ object. I don't understand why this should work. If this is supposed to work why a sequence of number pairs, delimited with commas shouldn't?

So, I am not seeing anything on the db display or on the lineout array. I also

Please tell me if I am missing something.

Thanks

Rodrigo

03-03-02 06:46:21 a.m., Frank Barknecht <barknech at ph-cip.uni-koeln.de> wrote:
Miller Puckette hat gesagt: // Miller Puckette wrote:

> I think Max/MSP might do this... but Pd never has.

So my mind was playing tricks on me: I have never used Max/MSP.

> (I think it's possible to do this in an abstraction, using, for
> example, "textfile" to hold a list of breakpoints that you would send
> by messages, that would be sent to a line~ in sequence.)

That's a good idea, but in fact it was a bit trickier to realize than
I first thought. I got it working and as I think that this is a very
useful abstraction I attached a "lineseg~", that can be used just like
the Csound opcode or as a simple ADSR.

It would be trivial to extend it with a note-off sensor and an amplitude
scaling factor if one replaces the trigger bang with float messages and a
[select 0].

Ciao,
--
                                                 __    __