[PD] VST~ - alpha release

mark mark at junklight.com
Mon Mar 4 15:57:44 CET 2002

 Hello,

I am working on a VST plugin that supports VST2.0. It
currently supports most of the functionality of "plugin~"
plus midi note on and off. It currently only works with
process replacing plugins. It seems to work with things
like the pro-52 plugin and waldorf d-pole just fine....

There is no help file as yet.

Notes:

In order to support plugins with spaces in the name it takes all
the parameters it is given and assumes they are parts of the
name with spaces in between. Thus

	vst~ waldorf d-pole

loads the d-pole plugin because it looks for "waldorf d-pole". The
VST_PATH environment variable is use just like for "Plugin~".
The two right most inputs are for midi note and velocity and
work just like the "noteout" object.

There is not currently any support for:

	manufacturer supplied graphical editor
	programs
	other midi messages

 I am in the process of adding all of these. The editor does
actually work but the window it is in breaks PD so it is disabled
at present. There are no plans for a graphical interface for
plugins with no supplied editor - what do you think PD is for ;-)

I have discovered that not all VST plugins behave properly
- for example I found one called VST_Chopper that crashes
PD if you print its parameters.

What I need is some alpha testers to give this a go with your
favourite plugins to try to turn up any other problems that
I might not have come across yet.

If you are interested send me an email and I will send you
the current version of the external. Note this is windows
only (obviously I hope...)

cheers

mark