[PD] Different socket implementation in Windows and Linux

David Jonsson (II) David at interactiveinstitute.se
Mon Mar 4 16:43:20 CET 2002

I run PD 0.43-4

The TCP server socket implementation in Windows PD should have the
option TCP_NOWAIT so that data gets sent immediately when it arrives in
the buffer.

This is the case in the Linux version.

Today I write like 15 times per second to the net and the Linux version
receives this fast but the Windows version only produces a output
approximately 5 times per second.

I'm not an expert on sockets but I suppose this is what differs?  Maybe
I should add that I run Windows 98 on the client.

--
David Jonsson

Interactive Institute AB
phone +46-703-000 370  or  +46-8-783 24 49   Timezone GMT+1
org no 556557-3077       http://www.interactiveinstitute.se/