[PD] MIDI piano accompaniment patch

Frank Barknecht barknech at ph-cip.uni-koeln.de
Tue Mar 5 01:17:54 CET 2002

Marcus Flanagan hat gesagt: // Marcus Flanagan wrote:

>   My latest attempt at a MIDI piano accompaniment patch is attached.The
> middle subpatch called "plays_major_then_minor_chord_rhythm" is giving me a
> headache.
>
> Does anyone know of a better way to change chords? Currently you have to
> stop playing and click on the bang for whatever major or minor chord you
> want. Slightly un-dynamic! I would perfer to have something that allows me
> to play a note on a lower octave that would then change the chord being
> played...without playing all the notes in the chord at exactly the same
> time...ie..it keeps the rhythm steady. Any ideas?

If I understand your patch correctly, you could replace the 2*3 number
boxes in the middle of "plays_major_then_minor_chord_rhythm" with 2*3
[float 0] objects. Connect the metros and delays to the -left- inlet, and
the [+ 0], [+ 3], [+ 7],... objects to the -right- inlet of the floats.
This way a change of the base note only -sets- the chord floats, but does
not output them directly. Only the metro's and the delay's bangs output the
chords then.

bye,
--
                                                 __    __