[PD] ASIO support

Michael Casey mkc at media.mit.edu
Wed Mar 13 14:44:30 CET 2002

Johannes,

Perhaps the current output buffer is emptying before PD can fill the next
buffer, this might be causing the broken sound. To fix, try increasing the
buffer size...

#define FRAMES_PER_BUFFER (256)

or

#define FRAMES_PERBUFFER (512)

This parameter will be dependent on the specific sound card. (126) works
for a digigram VX pocket because that's the buffer granularity. Such low
latencies work with simple patches, for more computationally intensive
patches (252 / 256) or (504 / 512) are necessary.