[PD] ASIO support

Johannes Taelman Johannes.Taelman at rug.ac.be
Wed Mar 13 19:24:34 CET 2002

Hi!

I've got it running with the RME Hammerfall DSP PCI card. OK this card is
not the same as the older Hammerfall PCI, but I think it is very similar.
Still using 256 samples buffer. I needed to set the sDefaultOutputDeviceID
and sDefaultInputDeviceID to 1 on this machine, but I had to use 2 on some
other machines. The default 0 was the directx or mme asio wrapper on all
the machines I tested, and always skipped buffers.

The diagnostic output in Test14 helps choosing the right one. Command-line
configuration would make it usable without compiler. Still missing
multi-channel support. I'll look at that tonight, hints on where to look
are very welcome.

Johannes