[PD] timing/sound problems

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Thu Mar 21 21:25:09 CET 2002

Hi again,

Actually, I "had no problems" until I noticed that sound input wasn't working.
So I think Pd is outputting sound OK over i810 using OSS, but I've never
seen it manage full duplex.

With 0.34.4, running full duplex (input+output) over i810 unfailingly crashes
my machine.  I think therefore that the OSS driver isn't stable yet.  This is
very odd, considering that probably half of all P3s and Celeron motherboards
have i810 audio!!!

On a related matter I'm finding plenty of things to change in the OSS audio
support in Pd; I think I introduced several problems trying to merge in
Iohannes's multi-device extension.  If I can get this to appear to run more
robustly I'll put out a new linux test release tonight...

cheers
Miller