[PD] splitting symbols -or- regular expressions?

Josh Steiner joschi at eds.org
Fri Mar 22 10:01:04 CET 2002

hello wise and helpful list members  ;)

I need to find a way to take the absolute path name that [openpanel] spits
out and truncate off all the directory information to just get the
filename.  I can't find a working [regexp] object out there to use.  is
there any way right now in pd to split up a symbol into its component
tokens?  I know that this has been talked about before, but I havn't been
able to find an answere in the archives.  this is as close as I got:

the conclussion of this thread was "use [shell]" but as far as i know,
[shell] doesnt exist on windows 2000 and I need my patch to run on
windows, osx and linux.

thanks again for any advice.

-Josh