[PD] pd + alsa + m-audio delta 44+linux

Frank Barknecht barknech at ph-cip.uni-koeln.de
Sun Mar 24 14:07:14 CET 2002

Mark Khemma hat gesagt: // Mark Khemma wrote:

> i'm trying to get alsa running for pd, but i'm realizing that there are a
> couple of huddles that i need to jump through, and they are a little to
> high for me. if anybody out there has this setup could he/she send me how
> the modules.conf file needs to look like? At this moment i compiled and
> ran PD and i get this error message:
>
> error: OSS: SNDCTL_DSP_CHANNELS failed /dev/dsp
> error: OSS: SNDCTL_DSP_CHANNELS failed /dev/dsp
> audio I/O stuck... closing audio

/dev/dsp is an OSS compatible device in ALSA. Maybe there are some problems
using the OSS emulation layer of ALSA with your multichannel Delta card.
Try the "-alsa" command line or ~/.pdrc option.

Does aplay work? Which ALSA version do you use? For the Delta cards at
least 0.9 beta8 is recommended.

For that, this modules configuration should work:

 ---
alias char-major-116 snd
alias char-major-14 soundcore
# adapt to your gid
options snd snd_major=116 snd_device_mode=0660 snd_device_gid=29 snd_device_uid=0

# Midiman
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss