[PD] problem with pd -alsadev

Miha Tomšič miha.tomsic at guest.arnes.si
Thu Mar 28 13:34:16 CET 2002

	Hello!

On Thu, 28 Mar 2002, Mark Khemma wrote:
> whenever i type in pd -alsadev i get "segmentation fault" (this is the
> stable version). can anybody tell me what this means? what does the
> "-alsadev" flag do? does the pd-test version work better with
> alsa-beta0.9.0?

-alsadev <n>
specifies the sound card to use.

-alsa uses the first sound device on first sound card (known hw:0,0) by
default so you don't need the -alsadev option at all.

"-alsadev" is not enough and will get you a segfault.
Try
-alsadev hw:0,0 (which is the same as not using this option at all) or
-alsadev 1 (for the first device on the first sound card same as default)
-alsadev 2 (for the first device of the second sound card)
and so on...

For more exotic cases use -alsadev ha:<c>,<d>

I suggest you try the alsa 0.9.0 it works great.

Take care,

	Miha...

 - Miha Tomšič --- C. na postajo 55 -- SI-1351 Brezovica pri Lj. --- SLOVENIA -