[PD] concatenate strings

smoerk smoerk at gmx.de
Fri Mar 29 14:07:57 CET 2002

hello,

i couldn't figure out how to solve this easy tasks:

i have to generate a message to the sendOSC object from different other
messages. but i don't know how to do this. i have a sub patch with

[ symbol $1/parameter ]  ($1 = /ch1)

[ symbol parameter_as_string (

and want to get a message like:

[ send /ch1/parameter parameter_as_string (

only parameter_as_string is changing at runtime.

i could not figure out how to do this. in a normal programming language
i would just create variables and concatenate the strings with a + sign
;).

maybe someone could give me a hint, how to solve my stupid little
problem.