[PD] [announce] py 0.0.1 python script object

jfm3 jfm3 at ouroboros-complex.org
Sat Mar 30 04:34:15 CET 2002

I worry a lot about this external, as well as about Joe Sarlo's GrIPD.
Python is not anywhere near a real time language. Run time environments
with automatic memory deallocation are very tricky to get to work in
bounded time. I worry that when a moderate to large amount of Python
code gets loaded, and the program runs for a while, its garbage
collection and paging behavior will cause timing failures in even simple
MIDI processing. Am I just being up tight about all music code being
bounded time, or does anyone else see this as a real issue?

--
(jfm3)