[PD] [announce] py 0.0.1 python script object

Joseph A. Sarlo jsarlo at mambo.peabody.jhu.edu
Sat Mar 30 20:21:43 CET 2002

I cannot comment on Thomas Grill's python object since I haven't looked at
it yet, but GC is not really an issue for GrIPD since all of the python
code runs in a separate process, and on Linux, at the lowest priority
(SCHED_OTHER) when launched from PD.  So, and correct me if I'm wrong, if
you run PD with -rt, nothing in the GrIPD python process should directly
effect audio calculation (other than memory utilization). The worst that
should happen would be small glitches in GUI response and updates, and the
very worst case scenario would be the GUI becoming unresponsive, but
there's really no way to avoid that issue.  The PD tcl/tk GUI has the same
behavior.

Joe
--