[PD] ASIO-MME<->ASIO APS Live

Søren Bovbjerg bovbjerg at musik.auc.dk
Mon Apr 1 10:05:06 CEST 2002

Hi (again)

>Is it possible to tell PD to use my ASIO drivers from APSLive instead of
Steinberg's (ASIO ->MME) ???
>I dunno if I get it all right, but every time I start PD with -asio it trys
to setup ASIO-MME /bla/ and freezez, with console only open + >following
message :
>FramesPerBuffer :126
>minNumBuffers :2
>done 3
>do I have to erase/fix/uninstall the ASIOMME ???

I got kX ASIO working but I also have it as device #3 in PD and specifying
soundin/outdev doesn't seem to help.
So I opened up the registry and found that the ASIO drivers are sorted
alphabeticly in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ASIO in which kX ASIO driver is
listed as the last one. I renamed the key "kX ASIO driver" to "akX ASIO
driver" which made it be listed as the first available driver.

I then just had to run PD with -asio -r 48000 :-)

Everything works fine, but I would recommend that you rename it back when
you update your kX drivers (3516 will be out soon and the MIDI UART problem
will be fixed ;-))

Cheers
Soeren