AW: AW: [PD] GUI objects via flext

Thomas Grill t.grill at gmx.net
Mon Apr 1 21:40:41 CEST 2002

> >I think, the duty of flext would be just to provide that handle to the
> >object's box (along with some means to control it) and let the user use
> >whatever GUI generating interface he likes (if portable or not).
> >
> i don't think so, the principle is that the external sends
> messages to a graphic server which is
> embedded in the application's GUI,
> that's TCL/TK for PD, don't know of MAX's.

I see, my simple approach is much like the one Max uses, where there is no
client/server architecture. It's all self-consistent and bound to one
machine.
Maybe there is some cross-platform GUI library which support the
client/server approach? (there are some indications that wxWindows does)
I honestly admit that i don't like TCL/TK at all.

greetings,
Thomas