[PD] templates, data, scalars etc.

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Wed Apr 3 20:42:57 CEST 2002

Hi Orm,

Well, documenting "scalars" or "data structures" is the main thing I have to
do before 0.35 can be considered "finished".  It looks like you've understood
what's going on pretty well, and if you don't mind, I'll borrow some of your
text below for the documentation...

There's no more "scalar" "box" (text object), but rather, the word "scalar"
refers to the "data" objects themselves.  It's meant to be an oposite of
"array" and "list" -- arrays and lists have scalars as elements and scalars
may have arrays and lists as "slots" defined in "struct" objects.

THere's no way to get teh nth element of a list, nor its length; I'll add
that later but it will be by linear search, so not as efficient as looking
them up in arrays.

"show on parent" is the coolest new thing in 0.35, but isn't documented yet
either...

cheers
Miller