[PD] dance controllers...

Sukandar Kartadinata sk at glui.de
Thu Apr 4 14:39:34 CEST 2002

>I was rather thinking about transmitting small-band noise to combine
>motion-sensing with position-sensing.

yes, that should do it, too.
one thing I noticed though is that US receivers can be confused by
loud audio signals. Just clap your hands, and it might take it for a
returned US pulse. Has wrecked many performances that worked
perfectly at home, but couldn't handle the louder stage conditions.

>  > my biggest problem with reflective US was always the amount of energy
>>  I got back from soft objects (like dancers or people in general...)
>>  which was never enough to make it work reliably for larger distances
>
>Try calculating differences between successive echoes.

I don't see how this helps when the signal is burried in noise.

I would be interested over what distance you receive information from
moving people.
And are you using the Polaroid transducers, the smaller stuff from
RS/Farnell, or something else ?

Sukandar