[PD] Pd and Gem, some questions regarding performance

Rory Walsh rorytheroar at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 9 17:59:10 CEST 2002

I am currently working on a signal processing patch
which just manages to make it through each test
without crashing, however now I would like to use gem
aswell and there is no way the two will work together
in harmony! As soon as I turn on rendering or Audio
the patch goes down, so I guess that I will use two
computers, can anyone tell me the most effective way
of doing this with 2 laptops for example, I presume
that netsend and netreceive are the main objects but
has anyone realised pieces using these methods and
what are the main pitfalls I should try to avoid when
programming a piece like this? Thanks in advance for
the help!,

p.s. Ricardo did'nt you just have a piece performed by
the Ulster Orchestra using real-tme graphics rendered
with GEM? am I right?