[PD] get canvas information

Frank Barknecht barknech at ph-cip.uni-koeln.de
Wed Apr 10 08:39:36 CEST 2002

Hi,
Michael Iber hat gesagt: // Michael Iber wrote:

> I defined (in self-creating patches) canvas names according to the
> dynamic-receive-patch, which was posted on this mailing list by putting $0
> as the property-name. Is it possible to trigger, send the resulting
> canvas-number anywhere?

$0 gets the same unique value everytime it is used in a certain  abstraction.
So if you create a [float $0] along with your canvas, you should be able to
send this value anywhere you need it.

> Is there a way to define global variables (like a=1)? If yes: how can I do
> it, and how can I access them?
All variables (the read-send somethings) are global by default. You have to
take special care, if you want them to be only seen locally (use $0)
bye,
--
                                                 __    __
 Frank Barknecht       ____ ______   ____ __ trip\ \  / /wire ______