[PD] [ANNOUNCE] shabby~ - a waveshaping PD external

Frank Barknecht barknech at ph-cip.uni-koeln.de
Sat Apr 13 15:23:34 CEST 2002

shabby~ - waveshaping PD external, probably running on Max, too

  shabby~ is a waveshaper using Chebyshev polynoms to generate
  harmonics from an incoming sinewave. The required creation
  argument will tell shabby~ how many polynoms to which order it
  should create. Each polynom will then get a signal inlet to
  specify its amplitude in the signal.

  You can use shabby~ to have a rather fast additive synth that allows
  control over the harmonics in the course of a note at signal rate.

  shabby~ was written by me after finally getting my copy of
  Dodge/Jerse's "Computer Music" ;)

  shabby~ uses the flext C++ layer for Max/MSP and pd (pure data)
  externals. You need at least flext version 0.2.0.  I did only include a
  Makefile for Linux, but using the Makefiles from Thomas Grills idelay~
  package, you should be able to write quick Makefiles for other systems as
  well.

Get real shabby~ at http://footils.radio-worldwi.de/get.html

Ciao,
--