[PD] MacOS X

Michael A. Thompson mthomp at mac.com
Wed Apr 17 22:58:58 CEST 2002

Hello,

I must say, even with the latency issue, pd on MacOS X seems to run quite
nice. The fft based stuff runs without dropouts even when interacting
with
the gui and running other apps.

Has anybody been able to save patches? I get
HandleInitialDir
bad directory "/Users/mthomp"
Errors...

Its my home directory and I do have write access. This happens no matter
what directory I use.

BTW - I have made some changes to the tk interface so that it looks and
works more like a Mac application. The menu bar is in the traditional
place
on the Mac (i.e. the global menu bar. Menu bar contents change depending
on
which window is currently in focus etc...) and most of the command key
modifiers work with the command key on the Mac keybaord. The changes do
not
seem to break the unix X Windows versions at all either.

Anybody wants the changes email me... Maybe I can send them to be
included
into the source... What is the process for source code changes for pd?

Thanks,
Michael