[PD] [announce][unauthorized] a micro sound editor : cooled~

Thomas Grill t.grill at gmx.net
Fri Apr 19 09:45:20 CEST 2002

> PS : i had a good laugh reading mails
> about people trying to set rules
> for external publishing, i wonder who's gonna
> start that task since, for now, nothing is checked.
>
> and i complained about inaccuracies on pure-data.org
> which drove jfm3 mad ( with a bit of paranoia, i don't do vooodoo, ... ),
> that's just the reason why i don't want to appear on this site.
>
> i also asked him to remove my work from there and he refused,
> meaning he's got the power to decide, not cool ...... bye

Hi Yves,
i think you missed that most of the development activities in the pd world
are based on voluntariness and collaboration.
That's why noone can actually expect pure-data.org to be accurate or fit
one's needs.
Yet, i'm convinced that jfm3 and the other administrators (jfm3 appointed me
to be one, too) strive that pure-data.org be as accurate, usable and
up-to-date as possible.
Also, pure-data.org is not a monopoly. If you don't find it useful, you can
naturally decide not to contribute, but then, you should just be calm about
it.
You have read (and maybe laughed) about the efforts towards a unified
library or RPM packages. I find it a pity that this is a lot harder if there
is no common resource for pd stuff.

all the best,
Thomas