[PD] Questions to pure-data.org

CK x at meta.lo-res.org
Sat Apr 20 16:28:10 CEST 2002

I read:
> - i'm doing an installation piece involving a live video feed into a pd
> patch.  i am trying to get my webcam (through usb) to connect with a patch
> using the pix_video object in gem.  does anyone know how to do this?

MAMA (a croatian multimedia institute ;) just bought a quickcam express usb
I got the driver from http://qce-ga.sourceforge.net/ and it works fine with
jmax / gridflow or freej but pd (or rather gem) says
VDIOCGCHAN: Invalid argument
and I don't get any pix_video output .... I don't have the patches at hand
that I did with my tv card, so maybe it's me doing sth. wrong here could
anyone send me a very simple test patch that should definitely work ?

thanks

p.s.:

just to be a bit more verbose esp. for iohannes:

GEM: Start rendering
cap: name Logitech USB Camera type 513 channels 1 maxw 352 maxh 288 minw 176 minh 144

picture: brightness 32768 depth 24 palette 4

channel 0 name Camera type 2 flags 0
VDIOCGCHAN: Invalid argument

--
chris at lo-res.org	Postmodernism is german romanticism with better