[PD] pd-gui wishlist

Joschi joschi at eds.org
Tue Apr 23 19:36:36 CEST 2002

As far as I can tell, PD and Tcl/Tk are married, and will be for the
forseeable future.  If you tried to replace tcl/tk with java or
something, you would have replace all of the gui externs as well.  I
used to feel that tcl/tk was icky and had to go, but in actually
learning it, I stopped caring.  Any programmer who would be able to add
segmentation to the connectors in a java based gui can learn to use
tcl/tk well enough in a few afternoons, it really isnt that
complicated.  Further, if you feel really die hard about your opinion
that Java is the way, why are you not using jMax?  It'd gui is
"prettier" and written in Java right now.