[PD] pd-gui wishlist

chris clepper cclepper at artic.edu
Tue Apr 23 23:42:56 CEST 2002

>Yes, but as it's wishing time ;) I would also like the PD gui to be
>faster. Some patches, especially those with lots of number boxes, run
>a lot faster when pd is started with -nogui

this should not be on a wishlist, it should be a high priority!  at
first i thought that Xwindows was to blame but it's the same under
windows.  i don't know if it's pd or tcl/tk that's causing the
problem, but it's appalling to see a few spinning number boxes eat
25-40% on a 1.4ghz cpu!!!   especially when i have pathetic old macs
doing the same thing in max without breaking a sweat.

can somebody look into this??

also, the array object is particularly bad when it comes to cpu use.
is there a non graphic version?

thanks,
cgc