[PD] Pd-VST

mark mark at junklight.com
Sat May 11 18:49:20 CEST 2002

The new cubase (SX) apparently has Midi plugins - writing a wrapper
for that might be fun. Haven't seen an SDK yet (but haven't looked either)

To make it a VST instrument would be a little more complex - as I see it
you can either write a wrapper that replaces the dac and adc with VST
stuff (this would be a lot simpler than the dac/adc 'cos you don't
need to worry about devices at all) but of course you would then have
a branch of PD which you would need t sync with the official one.

Doing it via sockets and a vst connector instrument would be the neatest
- I think the CsoundVST and Csound~ stuff works a bit like this (I might
be wrong) so you could look at that

cheers

mark