[PD] Local array names?

Burton Samograd kruhft at kruhftwerk.com
Wed May 15 05:56:41 CEST 2002

Hi All,

I just started using pd and so far it's been pretty amazing.  I read up
on the documentation concerning local variables and they seem to work
pretty well except when you try to make local arrays.  Entering the
$0_<array name> simply deletes the $.  I tried backslashing it
(\$_<array name>) but that just allows the array to keep it in it's
name but doesn't do anything otherwise (other than screw some stuff up
so you can't open the properties dialog for the array anymore).  Any
hints on how to get local array names to work?

In case you're wondering what i need this for, i'm programming a
generic sampler which can be loaded up on the fly as needed, with each
sampler having it's own local sample storage so i don't have to go
around copy and pasting components into new windows all the time and
then changing the variable names...

kruhft