[PD] asio clarification

Michael Iber music at chemie.fu-berlin.de
Fri May 24 23:14:30 CEST 2002

Hi Miller,
I have pd running with asio on several machines and very stable .....
with the following soundcards:
creamware pulsar (8 i/o) (p2 300MHz)
rme9652 (8 i/o) p3 600 MHz
tascam us-428 (2 i/o) p3 1000MHz
I could not get it runnning with the terratec MT88 (and I only did
modifications for the 8 in/out, otherwise I used the precompiled version.
Regards,
Michael

At 10:32 24.05.2002 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>Pd works badly with ASIO, but there's at least one bug fix I'm hoping to
>install which might make things not quite so lame as before (fixing it
>so you can at least select the device!)
>
>I still haven't been able to get ASIO running on any of the machines I've
>tried it on and so can't do a very thorough job of debugging it...
>
>cheers
>Miller
>
>On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 07:56:17PM -0600, David Sabine wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Should PD use MME or WDM asio drivers?
> >
> > I've purchased a Roland UA-5 and according to their support
> documentation the MME and WDM drivers cannot be installed on the same
> machine at the same time -- I have to choose ONE or the OTHER.
> >
> > I'm using Windows XP.
> >
> > This is really the first question in a long list of questions I have
> about asio with PD:  the others include:
> > 1. why does PD 'hang' when I use the -asio flag.
> > 2. why doesn't the -soundindev and -soundoutdev flags work? (I can't
> select any device other than the system default device.)
> > 3. and I have a lot of questions for Roland too!

Michael Iber

http://www.iberspace.de
mailto://mail@iber-online.de