[PD] Input Controllers for Pd with finer grain than MIDI

David McCallum 8dngm at qlink.queensu.ca
Thu May 30 03:25:08 CEST 2002

         I was toying around with using lop~ to reduce jitter and it didn't
really seem to do much. Do you have any suggestions as to what settings I
should be setting the lop~ to, or is there anything else I should be doing
to it? I compared the results of the straight output against the output of
the lop~ (with snapshot~) and all I found was that with higher cutoffs of
the lop~ the decimals of the values seemed to disappear (but I think this
probably isn't anything worth noting), but they both seemed to jitter as much.

         Any suggestions?

At 04:49 PM 25/05/2002 -0700, Andrew (Andy) W. "Schmeder wrote:
> > I built a controller that uses the joystick port (spacetaxi.de)
> > but the jitter is a little too much to deal with (unless anyone has a
> > jitter-filter patch they could send me).
>
>To reduce jitter on a joystick I use joystick-value -> sig~ -> lop~.
>There is no loss of information assuming that the jitter is faster than
>you can physically move the joystick.
>

>andy

.
. David McCallum
. Queen's University Electronic Music Studio Manager
.         and Noise Maker
. html://mentalfloss.ca/sintheta/
.