[PD] Input Controllers for Pd with finer grain than MIDI

David McCallum 8dngm at qlink.queensu.ca
Wed Jun 5 03:58:09 CEST 2002

         I've been tinkering around with this. Do you have it in patch form?

         Your else if statement doesn't take into account values between
last-output and last-output+jitter. Which isn't exactly everything else. Is
this intentional?

         If it's supposed to be like that, should I be using two moses
(mosees?) to split that? At the moment I've been assuming that "else"
really is everything not included in the if statement and using one moses.

         Also, do you have any tips for tuning the filter? I've tried to
get it pretty close but it still jitters. I imagine it's not perfect, though.

tanks

David McCallum

At 08:42 AM 31/05/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>Here's a dejitter algo I use on sliders, joysticks, etc...  You choose
>a constant jitter amount and essentially build a loose steering
>linkage.  Call the constant JITTER, and do the following (in pseudo-code):
>
>if (input > last-output + JITTER)
>         last-output = input - JITTER
>
>else if (input < last-output)
>         last-output = input
>
>... then output the new "last-output", possibly filtering out repetitions
>of the same value.  You can do this in Pd using "moses" objects, for
>instance.  Note that the output range is the input range minus JITTER,
>so if it's MIDI and JITTER is one, the output will be 0-126.

.
. David McCallum
. Queen's University Electronic Music Studio Manager
.         and Noise Maker
. html://mentalfloss.ca/sintheta/
.