[PD] {newbie} help with connecting envelopes and sequencers, metatables

booey chewy booeyschewy at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 10 22:12:42 CEST 2002

I have been having trouble figuring out how to connect
sequencers to envelopes (ie trigger them). I have
looked through the "adsr" and other examples under
envelopes in the docs. The sequencers I have been
trying to mess with are textfile qlist and tabread or
was it tablist I can't remember it is the one under
analogue sequencer in the docs.

with more focus: (1) at what point does an envelope
intersect with the oscillator? Sometimes I have seen
it at *~ other times it is elsewhere. (2) where and
how does the sequencer trigger the envelopes.

Secondly, is it possible to create 2nd-order or
metalists? What I have in mind is to have a series
independent sequencers (ie tabread or whatever)and
then create macrostructures by higher-order
"sequencers" which trigger and read off the first
order lists in a specified sequential order.

thanks for entertaining the questions of a newbie

Todd