[PD] Using zexy under Windows 98

Joseph Zitt jzitt at josephzitt.com
Tue Jun 18 05:55:46 CEST 2002

On Mon, 2002-06-17 at 05:19, IOhannes zmoelnig wrote:
> Joseph Zitt wrote:
> > When I try to use zexy externals under Windows 98, installed from
> > zexy-nt-1_1.zip, I get a raft of errors to the console. Opening the
> > externals, I see that there are no connectors between objects.
> >

> seems, like you do not load the correct version of the external.
> make sure that no older version of the zexy.dll is loaded before.
> a proper install should have overwritten the pd/externs/zexy.dll file
> (but maybe you are searching other paths and/or have an old zexy.dll in
> your pd/extra-folder)

After trying this again, I'm still not getting it to work.

Do I understand correctly that to get zexy to run under Windows:

- there must be one and only one copy of the file zexy.dll on the
system,
- that file must be in the pd/externs directory.
- that directory must be listed as an argument to -path in the pd batch
file.

--
| josephzitt at josephzitt.com                 http://www.josephzitt.com/ |
| http://www.metatronpress.com/jzitt/   http://www.mp3.com/josephzitt/ |