[PD] asio w/ motu 828 on Win2k

Mark Khemma mkhemma at orion.it.luc.edu
Sat Jul 6 04:18:44 CEST 2002

If you looke in pablio\pabio_pd_was.c you'll see:
nbuffers = RoundUpToNextPowerOf2(nbuffers);

and
nchannels != RoundUpToNextPowerOf2(nchannels)

Thats is why you can't run  pd with 10 channesl (or 6 or 7 or 9, etc)
because you value needs to be a power of 2.
I'm running pd on win ME with the 828 and i can get a max input/output
channels of 6 when i run pd -asio channels 8 because 2 of the channels are
digital. I tried commenting out the set of lines regarding rounding to
power of 2 but it does not work, i get no sound out what so ever.

so my question now is:
1) why does it have to be a power of two?
2) is there somewhere in the code which i can "turn on" each channel
individually?