[PD] no luck yet.

mark mark at junklight.com
Fri Jul 12 01:02:21 CEST 2002

Too tired to give you much help but here are a few pointers.

If you are getting sound out through the test patch then you ARE
talking to your sound card. You need to do the midi explicitly - it
defaults to disabled.

Set up a batch file to run pd - here is mine - note cut between the
lines and copy into a file called pd.bat (you can use notepad for this).
Note - you will have to change paths and things and you will probably
not have all the libraries I am using...

_______________cut below here
@echo off
set VST_PATH=d:\pd\vstplugins
set LIB= -lib d:\pd\bin\iemgui
set LIB=  -lib d:\pd\externs\zexy %LIB%
set LIB= -lib d:\pd\bin\iemlib1 %LIB%
set LIB= -lib d:\pd\bin\iemlib2  %LIB%
set LIB= -lib d:\pd\bin\iem_t3_lib %LIB%
set LIB= -lib d:\pd\bin\iem_mp3 %LIB%
set LIB=-lib d:\pd\lib\lrshift~ %LIB%
set LIB= -lib d:\pd\ext13w\ext13 %LIB%
set LIB=-lib d:\pd\mjLib\mjLib %LIB%
set LIB=-lib d:\pd\motex_1_1_3\motex %LIB%
set LIB=-lib d:\pd\xeq\xeq %LIB%
set LIB=-lib d:\pd\xsample\msvc-debug\xsample %LIB%
set LIB=-lib d:\pd\vst\Debug\vst %LIB%
set LIB= -lib \pd\lib\grantabr~ %LIB%
set LIB= -lib \pd\lib\grantabw~ %LIB%

set DEV=-midioutdev 1
\pd\bin\pd  %DEV% %LIB% -path d:\pd\iemabs;d:\pd\lib %*
_______________cut above here

If you are getting errors about not being able to connect things
when you load patches the chances are you have not got the
required libraries - http://www.pure-data.org will help you
out there.

Stick with it - there is one hell of a learning curve for the
first few days but it soon levels off. And its well worth
the climb :-)

cheers

mark

junklight - dark experimental electronics
http://www.junklight.com