[PD] improved mulitchannel IO with ASIO

Olaf Matthes olaf.matthes at gmx.de
Sat Jul 13 18:01:48 CEST 2002

Hi all,

I managed to get Pd working with nearly any number of channels using
asio support under Win2k. Attached you'll find my patches that make it
possible to use any _even_ number of channels (not only any number that
is a power of two, as it was in the original Pd release).
It would even be possible to get odd numbers working but Pd seems to
round up the -channels flag to even numbers.

Known bug: short audio artefact when DSP is truned on for the first
time.

Notes: patch for Pd0.35 test 29, works with my Motu 828 and up to 10
channels; the files attached belong into the \portaudio\pablio
subdirectory...

have fun,

Olaf