[PD] MIDI Problem?

David Sabine dave at davesabine.com
Sat Jul 20 22:43:06 CEST 2002

Hello all,

I'm using Windows XP, with PD 0.35 test 29.  I have a MOTU 2408mkII using ASIO drivers which is working very well.

However, I've noticed that since I installed the MOTU hardware, PD has crashed a few times while I am working with MIDI objects like [noteout].  (I haven't been using midiin.)

I am using an onboard audio device (which is MPU-401 compatible) as well as the Microsoft Synth.  It seems that one of the following applications, or perhaps a combination of the following, is causing my computer to crash:

- PD 0.35 test 29
- ASIO WDM drivers
- MOTU 2408mk II Firewire interface (has it's own PCI card)
- Microsoft Synth
- onboard MPU-401/Game Port
- Windows XP

any ideas?