[PD] pd with SMP?

Shahrokh Yadegari syadegar at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Mon Jul 22 11:35:26 CEST 2002

I have found the multiprocessor to be useful specially when the screen
updates compete with the synthesis process. At times on a single processor
I have noticed that if there are many number boxes in an open window, even
though the pd process may not use up all the cpu, clicks can be heard due
to graphics updates when the mouse is moved. In such cases, having two
processors helps as 'pd' and 'pd-gui' could run on different processors.

Shahrokh.