[PD] jack

=?X-UNKNOWN?Q?g=FCnter_geiger?= geiger at xdv.org
Thu Jul 25 16:58:57 CEST 2002

Muy bien,

so we have both solutions and can try out which one
is better.

BTW, due  to pd's scheduler design, it doesnt make a big
difference (theoretically) if you do it the correct
way or, the hacked way.
pd sleeps instead of blocking, and if it wakes up at
the right time, it is able to fill the buffers and the
overhead is (speak latency) not increased.

But I am not sure if it wakes up at the  right time (depends on the
system timer), and my crappy sblive here gives my 512 samples as smallest
buffer with jack, which seems to be an eternity, so I will test
latency later at home

Thanks a lot,

Guenter