[PD-dev] pure-data CVS

mark mark at junklight.com
Sat Aug 10 20:15:03 CEST 2002

One solution would be to have a default namespace - which
everything is currently in.

New name spaces could be used with a new name space box - different
from objects,numbers and messages - perhaps a box with rounded
corners or something - this would be a "use namespace" box - where
there was confusion you could use a qualified ("mylib::guass") name.
Another kind of box could be used to give the namespace of the patch
itself. The default namespace would be included in all patches I guess
so that pd could be used as it without any namespaces...

This could perhaps even link into the -lib command either replacing it
or allowing a namespace to be given in the lib command

	-lib mylibpath mynamespace

where all the objects in the lib where forced into the namespace.

anyway just some thoughts

mark