[PD] pd namespaces

jfm3 jfm3 at ouroboros-complex.org
Tue Aug 13 16:04:52 CEST 2002

I believe the best solution would go something like this:

o) Implement a 'lib' object that does what -lib does on the command line
when banged.

o) Add the feature to the lib object that when it is given pairs of
names it maps one name to another. So you could write something like:

[loadbang]

[lib maxlib gauss maxlibgauss]

[lib footils gauss gauss]

I'm not sure to what extent we could change things on the fly, since I'm
not sure of how names are looked up internally, but it could be that
subsequently sending [coll maxcoll( to the [lib maxlib] object would
change the binding dynamically.

We don't really need namespaces, just a way to disambiguate names at
load time.

--
(jfm3  2838 BCBA 93BA 3058 ED95  A42C 37DB 66D1 B43C 9FD0)