[PD] drum pattern sequencing

bsaylor at macalester.edu bsaylor at macalester.edu
Tue Aug 20 08:37:32 CEST 2002

I usually use textfile and metro for sequencing, and just track the
sequences with a text editor.  That way, each line in the file can
represent one tick with an arbitrary set of parameters.  I've found that
timing is more precise this way than when using a separate MIDI
sequencer (I guess because Pd rounds the metro interval to an integer
number of blocks..?).

Ben